This website includes visual presentations, games and more. Suitable for both student and teacher.
Aztec Men & Women
Aztecs Gods and Goddesses
Take a look at these websites for more information on the Aztecs:
Middle and South American Colonisation
An extensive website by Jaime Cóttrill, a student of language and culture at the Universidad Internacional, Mexico. He consulted many experts and professors in his research.
The website of the four-part documentary series for BBC and PBS. Includes anOnline Learning Adventure.
Students learn about:
- The origins of the society or period
- Daily life of men and women in the society or period
- Civics and citizenship in the society or period
- Rights and freedoms
- Beliefs and values of the people of the society or period
- Impact of significant people and/or events
- Contacts with other peoples
- The legacy of the ancient, medieval and early modern world
Students learn to:
- Identify the origins of the society or historical period
- Describe how both men and women lived in the society or period
- Describe the way in which the people of the society or period were governed
- Describe the rights and freedoms of different groups in the society or period
- Explain the beliefs and values of the society
- Explain the impact made by significant people and/or events on the society or period
- Outline the contacts that the society had with other peoples
- Assess the legacy of the society or period for our world cultural heritage
The Aztecs and Maya
Inside the hidden empire
You Tube - watch the Aztec Empire
The Aztecs - Clickview
Books in the Library
We have twenty-one books in the library on the Aztecs, here are a couple.
Mysteries of the Maya
Click here to check out the National Geographic images of the Maya.
These videos are saved in our Clickview online library. Click on the link to view.